In order to fight the COVID 19 virus, all countries in the world are producing sanitizers in large quantities. The demand for carbomer products in the global market is increasing rapidly. Among them, the largest demand is mainy for carbomer 940, carbomer 980, carbomer U20, carbomer U21, carbomer U10, carbomer 2020, etc
However, due to the insufficient supply of upstream raw materials for the production of Carbomer, the shutdown of some carbomer production enterprises during the anti-virus period and the excessive demand for carbomer in the global market in a short period of time, the supply of carbomer is seriously insufficient. The above-mentioned model of carbomer has a global shortage, and its price has been soaring.
In order to alleviate the above supply problems, Shanghai Cosroma has carried out many research and exploration, and finally found a suitable solution, which is our Carbomer L30.
The main reasons why we say that carbomer L30 is a suitable solution are as follows:
1. Carbomer L30 has the same thickening performance as the traditional powder Carbomer, such as carbomer 940, Carbomer 980, Carbomer U20, Carbomer U21, Carbomer U10, Carbomer 2020, etc. when the dosage ratio reaches a certain level, its thickening performance can match with the above models.
2, The gel or hand sanitizer prepared by carbomer L30 has high transparency, which can completely replace the traditional powder carbomer at this point.
3. The production process of carbomer L30 is relatively simple, and the production output is far greater than that of powder Carbomer, so it has a great advantage in supply.
4, The use of carbomer L30 to produce hand sanitizer or hand gel can greatly shorten the production time, because it is a liquid form of Carbomer, without mixing in the production process, and can be added directly. Unlike powder Carbomer, it takes a long time to disperse wetting.
As below, it is a reference formula of 75% alcohol-based sanitizer, in gel form:
||Dosage (wt. %)
|Cosroma® Carbomer L30
1. Mix phase A and stir evenly；
2. Add in phase B and stir evenly；
3. Add phase C slowly in several times and stir evenly.
About Carbomer L30
Carbomer L30 is a liquid carbomer thickener, developed by Shanghai Cosroma. Besides traditional shampoo, shower gel and detergent, it has excellent applications in hand sanitizer, hand washing gel and other disinfectant products: high transparency and high alcohol tolerance (up to 80% w/w in formula). Compared with the similar liquid Carbomer, such as SF-1, Carbomer L30 has the advantages of low dosage (more than 50% lower), easy to dissolve in alcohol (SF-1 is easy to precipitate when mixed with alcohol, and must be stirred for a long time and high speed), almost no blue light (SF-1 blue light is obvious), etc.
INCI Name: Acrylates Copolymer
CAS No.: 25035-69-2; 25212-88-8; 159666-35-0
Features and benefits:
lExcellent thickening properties for polar solvent systems；
lFast thickening, no need pre-swelling, simple and convenient；
lGood compatibility with surfactants and synergistic thickening properties；
lMild nature, wide applicability, low skin irritation.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- 2 in 1 conditioning shampoos, anti-dandruff shampoos
- Bath gels
- Facial cleansers
- Lotions, creams
- Makeup creams
- Pearlized cleansing products
- In alcohol-based hand sanitizer, normally use 4-5wt%;
- The recommended use level in surfactant based products is 4.0 wt%;
- For clear formulations containing no salt and low surfactants, typical use levels is 8.0~10.0 wt%.
- Cosroma® Carbomer L30 can be directly added into formula.